Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tutorial - Copic Coloring for Hair - YNS

Another tutorial? yep, another one. Here is another hair tutorial with a different stamp line. Today's sample is Cupcake Cutie Fhiona from YNS. I will be using the same three tones again. Since Fhiona's hair area is much bigger than Tilda, so I tend to use more brushing for this images.



*****Black Hair tutorial*****
Black Hair - 100, C8, C5, C00
First, let's see the finished black hair sample


Step #1 - (Sorry, but I accidentally deleted the step 1 pictures) However, first marker is #100. You use the 100 to make a gap (space line) as her hair part to separate between the left & right section of top hair. (the part by her hair-band). When coloring her pony tail, use a little curve stroke to brush the marker from the top and brush it toward to the left side where her pony tail hanging. But remember to leave some space in between to fill shadowing later with some lighter markers.

Step #2 - Use #C8 to brush over the black but make the brush line longer than the 100 yet to leave some space for shadowing later.


Step #3 - Use #C5 to start brushing little lines from the edges of each last stroke of #C8, but still to leave a little space for the last light marker to shadow. For the middle part line, draw a very narrow straight lines lightly (See left pic below)

Step #4 - Use #C00 to brush over the part line and then also to fill up shadowing by brushing the rest of empty space.



*****Brown Hair tutorial*****
Brown Hair - E49, E37, E41 (These are my favorite brown hair combo)

Step #1 - you basically use the same stroke, but just using E49 to start. (See left pic below)

Step #2 - to use E37 brushing/blending in a curve motion, so that your pony tail and hair looks like it's moving from the wind....well...at least I am hoping that the result will look a bit like that :o)


Step #3 - Instead of using the circle motion to fill up the empty space, I like to do mine by brushing little lines, I find that it looks more natural that way, but you can just use whatever way that works for you and as you wish :o)


*****Yellow Hair tutorial*****
Yellow Hair - Y38, Y17, Y15, Y00

OK, I think you already have an idea, so I am just going to post the pictures to show you the marker #s.

Step #1 - see left pic below, Step #2 - see right pic below


Step #3 - see left pic below, Step #4 - see right pic below

Thank you for stopping by. I might have another same type of hair coloring to share with you for other stamp lines soon :o)

12 comments:

SemSee said...

This is AWESOME Cabio!!!! You rock!!!!!!!!! :o) xxx

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

This is AMAZING!!! I can't wait to practice!!! Thank you Cabio!!!
Hugs
Karen

Jodie from Oz said...

Cabio, fabulous tutorial, you are famous for your gorgeous hair, thanks so much for the tips. hugs Jodie from Oz

Kerri said...

You make it look so easy, but I have such a hard time with it! I'm definitely going to practice:) Thank you so much for the tips!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the tutorial...I love it. I am okay on hair with lines ...it's the ones without like these that are my weakness! Superb coloring and teaching!

Margreet said...

thanks again Cabio....it looks so easy....I'll practice a lot!
xxx Margreet

Maylee said...

Love it Cabio!!

Unknown said...

Great tutorial, Cabio! Love it!

Scrappychick said...

Great combos Cabio :) Thanks for sharing!!

Chelsea said...

This is such a helpful tutorial Cabio!
I always fine that hair and skin tone are the hardest to color.
Thank you so much.
Luv,
Chelsea

Pam said...

Another great tutorial! I know I will get this hair thing right with all your help!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Diny Sprakel said...

great tutorial!
can I put a link to your tutorial on my blog??
Diny