Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My current vacation

Hello everyone. For those of you who don't know, I am currently on vacation in Las Vegas. It's my day 2 today here. I tell you, it's an oven here. Extremely hot and so different than where I am in Canada. It's my 6th visits this time and I think this is the hottest vacation I have from the past few times. Meanwhile, my husband is down at the pool with my daughter, I am doing my blog post today to show you a stamp shop I went earlier. This stamp shop is called Viva Las Vegastamps. It's located in 1008 East Sahara Avenue. It's not a huge shop, but it has tons of stamps to look at. The owner is quite nice and friendly too, so I think it's worth a trip to check it out if you ever get a chance to visit Las Vegas.

Front of the store. You have to ring the bell first, then to push the door open.


As soon as you walk through a hallway, you just open another door to get in to the actual stamp store where you see a huge bulk unmounted stamps table. These bulk stamps are 1 for $1.00 or 12 for $10. See my hubby was bored while I checked through some bulk sentiment stamps and he started to take a picture for himself?!


Here are more view of the store



Since I have lots of stamps at home, I didn't really get that many stamps, but bought mostly sentiment stamps. They have a huge selections on that and of course lots of rubber stamps too, but we were to rush back to the hotel as my daughter wanted to swim, so that's the end of my stamp shop trip. If I see more fun places, I will post to share. Thank you for stopping today and the last few days for my prescheduled posts :o)

28 comments:

~* steph :) *~ said...

wowee, that place is filled with stamps! how wonderful! hope you have a great time in vegas! love it there! thanks for sharing :)! *hugs* steph :)

Wilfreda said...

WOW!!! I would be there forever. Have fun in Vegas:)

Danielle Champagne said...

Wow! it looks like ali-baba' cavern! I would love to be there...
Have fun!
Danielle.

Noreen Yun said...

Lucky you!!! I would love to visit a shop like this. Looks like FUN!!!!! Don't you wish that we could have a store like this here in Vic???? :( Have fun for the rest of your trip and enjoy the sun!!!!!

Hugs,
Noreen

Maylee said...

Wow! Now that's a "jackpot"!! I can spend all day in there!

Crystal said...

WOW Cabio what a fabulous store, I prob would of spent a ton of time with those unmounted stamps myself....Enjoy Vegas girl and find a pool...LOL!!! Have a great trip!

juli (sweetpz) said...

WOW!!! that is a lot of stamps! definitely a place i would love to check out next time i'm in Vegas =)
thanks for sharing, enjoy the rest of your time in Vegas =)

hugs
juli

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Oh you lucky girl! I've seen that store before and sooo want to go. I would be looking through all the $1 stamps. Wish I could find a store here in Toronto that has unmounted $1 stamps. I've always wanted to go to Vegas. I don't know why I never went when I lived in Vancouver. Now that I'm in Ontario it's gonna cost alot more to fly to Vegas :o( Pls post more pix of your trip. I would luv to see more of Vegas.

xoxo,
Lori

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

LOL @ your hubby. My hubby would be outside tanning while he waited for me. He can't stand waiting around in the craft store when I'm shopping because I take so long looking at everything...LOL.

xoxo,
Lori

Renkata said...

wow that is some vacation :)
You lucky girl!

Angelwood said...

What fun pictures, Cabio! I'd be lost in there for hours! Enjoy! hugs, Angela

Kerri said...

WOW!!! That looks like an awesome store! Enjoy the rest of your vacation! I miss Vegas. We used to go all the time when we lived out West. My hubby and I even got married there at the Bellagio:)

Anonymous said...

I don't gamble or drink but I LOVE LasVegas. So many neat hotels and so much to do. Plus all of the wonderful food! Have fun my dear stamping friend. I can't believe this store! I would go nuts in a place that was wall to wall stamps!LOL! I hope you found some bargins and some wonderful stamps. Now I know LasVegas has it all. LOL!
Hugs,
Pam L.

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

HA HA HA!! Cabio, i knew you wouldn't let us down lol! Thanks for giving us some eye candy! Tell your hubby we said thanks for taking you so you could share how much fun your having crafting shopping lol!That place looks like it's dangerous for me lol!! My hubby didn't take me to no crafting store when we were there (pauting) YOU LUCKY GAL!!! HAVE FUN!!!!RubyM:)

fionalawlor said...

wow this looks like heaven to me lol i would have to be dragged out kicking and screaming haha! Have a nice holiday :O)
fiona x

Unknown said...

My daughter and family lives in Vegas and Parents an hour over the mountains! I was at Viva Las Vegas last time I was there! Totally amazing and every kind of stamp you can imagine and even not imagine!!

Unknown said...

PS. Have fun!

Karen Wilson said...

Holy smokes, that's ALOT of stamps! I'd have been stuck in there all day! Sounds like you're having an awesome time. Thanks for chk'ing in and sharing what you've been up to! Have fun!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Wow! Heaven on earth, lol!!!

Eulanda said...

WOW!! That is crazy insane!! So cool! Wish I was there. hee hee

Davi said...

Thanks for the info on the great store. Ive never seen it before. I only live hour and half away. Next time I go visit my friend that will be our first stop!! :) Enjoy your vacation.

Linda said...

Stamp stores in Vegas! Who would have guessed. Wow, all of those stamps would have been hard to look at. I would not have been able to pick any.It really looks like a fun place if you have hours to play.

Unknown said...

I'll have to try to check this out when I go there in August! You are the third person to mention this store! Thanks for sharing!

sunghee said...

Now I want to go Las Vegas!

sucor said...

They would have to drag me out.

Jodie from Oz said...

Cabio,
I have been thinking of you, wow, rubber heaven, I would go crazy. I can understand why you didn't buy too many after seeing pics of your craft room. Hope you have a wonderful vacation. Looking forward to seeing more pics. hugs Jodie from Oz.
PS. It is so cold here, would love you to send me a little Vegas sunshine.

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

WOW! That is alot of stamps! Sounds like you had a super fun vacation :o)
Hugs
Karen

Kylie said...

OMG OMG OMG - I want to go there!!! Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!
Hugs
Kylie