Saturday, June 26, 2010

PWCO DT card - Lucas the Lion

Good morning and happy Saturday. Yes, I am sharing with you today a card I made using the Lucas the Lion image. You can also see this card over at the PWCO Blog. Not sure why, but I feel like giving him some fluff, so what I did was grabbed some cotton balls and air brushed them using my YR24 Copic marker. I then shaped them into little ball pieces and glue them around Lucas' head and tail. It was a lot of fun, lol!


Closer view on this darling image


Side view of this card


Here is the inside and view of the dimension.

Image: PWCO Lucas the Lion
Ink: Copic Markers
DP: Three Bugs in a Rug, Jillibean Soup
Cardstock: Bazzill
Accessories: Rhinestones, ribbon, cotton ball, stickle

This project is also to be used for the following challenges:
The Shabby Tea Room Week #15 - "Cottage Comfort" Photo inspiration
Cards for Men Challenge #13 - Sketch
ABC Challenge Blog - X is for Xtra dimension
Recipe Challenges For Your Cards #20 - Sparkle + Altered Die Cut
Charisma Cardz Challenge #25 - For the boys

Thank you for stopping by today and enjoy the rest of weekend. Hope to share with you another project soon :o)

20 comments:

Crystal said...

EEEEK Cabio Lucas is ADORABLE!! Oh my girl I LOVE how you did his mane...What a fabulous card and the best colors!!!!

Unknown said...

this is so far beyond cute!!!! Love it!!

Maylee said...

Super cute Cabio! Love the airbrushing of his mane.

Katie said...

Fabulous card, love the image and that super cute mane!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

CABIO CABIO CABIO I'M BACK!!!!!!! I am sorry i couldn't email you but i posted my thank you's to you on my blog.SWEET SWET CABIO LOL!! Your work is always so amusing and so creative.From the girly girl to playful kiddie.YOUR AN ARTIST ALL AROUND!!((hugs))Ruby♥

Lisa said...

Such a darling card, great take on the challenge photo! Thanks for sharing and playing in the Tea Room!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Cabio-
Lucas is roaringly fabulous!!!
I love all the added dimensions you added to him!!!

Calypso

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Carol.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nicole said...

Adorable card! That striped paper is perfect for the challenge! And that lion is the cutest ever! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Danni said...

So cute! Love the mane you gave him!

Cheryl said...

Oh my! I don't think it gets cuter than this! I love his mane!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is just amazing. Be sure to enter it into The Pixie Cottage's challenge this week. It is all about the inside and the outside of a card, and this is just one fabulous card!
Hugs
Tanya

Unknown said...

So dang cute! I love the layout and colors!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such an adorable card!

Nannieflash said...

Oh what a cute image and I love your fluff on his mane. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men, good luck with the Challenge. With hugs Shirleyxxxx

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, but that lion is adorable! I love his fluffy mane. Really nice design, too. Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room.

Debbie said...

Super cute ... inside and out! I love all the stripes and embellies -- especially the fur on the lion! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

Vee said...

Fabulous male card!!.Love all the texture. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

issy said...

Stunning card, Great job.

Thanks for playing along with Cards for men this week and good luck in the challenge.

issy

Patricia St Martin said...

Wonderful image. Great job with the shetch challenge. Your coloring is wonderful. Thats for joining us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the challenge