Monday, June 27, 2011

My 1st Mermaid Explosion Box

Good morning to you all. Today I would like to share with you an explosion box. In fact, this is my very first explosion box. I am so impressed looking other bloggers' wonderful explosion boxes. I thought I need to make one but just never got around to. I bought these Mermaid Collection Digi Stamps from Make it Crafty. So I used some of them for this under the sea scene project. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I am also using this project for the following challenges:
Make it Colorful Special Challenge - Category 1 (Merge as many Make It Crafty images into one scene
The Corrosive Challenge #122 - Water
Totally Gorjuss Challenge #86 - Ribbons and Lace
Dream Valley Challenge 10 - Ribbon
Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge #61 - Make it Sparkle
Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge - Tic Tac Toe (Lace, glitter, flowers)
A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge 157 - Ribbon and Bows

Here is the finished explosion box

Here is the box when it is opened


Here is a closer view on this image called Siren of Pearls


Here is another one called Cordelia the Mermaid


Closer view to show you the way I adhered these two images together.

Top view to show you the inside


Here is the bow and inside panels


And the panel outside of the box


The flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. I made a little arrangement and put it on the lid.

That's all I have to share with you today and hope you like what I prepared. Thank you so much for coming by today and please come again tomorrow for the Magnolia-licious Inspiration Challenge card :o)

28 comments:

Alina said...

Lovely explosion box! I should try it also some day! It's lovely!

KayBeScraps said...

wow.. your box is sooo fantastic.. and the mermais looks sooo beautiful.. ♥♥
Hugs, Katrin

Chrissy said...

Wonderful explosion box, very pretty, love the images and gorgeous colouring.All the details are so lovely, great job.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Zoe said...

Oh Cabio! This is adorable. I have never tried an explosion box but you have certainly made me want to try!! I love how you sat the mermaids around the clam shell. It's just perfect. And the little seaweed sprouting in the corners! The box itself is delightful too! Thanks so much for playing along in our celebrations!! Hugs xxoo

Zoe said...

argh! I forgot to say that I was totally wowed by your colouring of their hair! Just gorgeous!! xxoo

Prisha Dharmani said...

Wow..what wonderful creation

Ginger said...

What a fabulous creation! Great Job!

Carole of Brum said...

oh your idea is brilliant, and beautifully done! gorgeous how you've done the hair too, the box looks so pretty and then this fabulous surprise inside. CoB

Dr Sonia S V said...

Wow I have not seen a more beautiful explosion card!

Regina said...

Oh Cabio!!! Sua caixa ficou absolutamente maravilhosa!!!! As imagens são fofas demais e seu colorido...UAU... sem palavras.
Perfeito!!!
Have a marvellous week!!
Love and hugs
Regina

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Such an amazing project!! I love your coloring and stunning details here!! TFS!! :)

Riet said...

Wowww Cabio,what a wonderful box.

Hugs Riet.xx

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

LOL!!!!!!!!! I saw you enter and thought let's see if she coloured up some hair lol!!!

You know I love how you do hair lol!

What a pleasant eye candy I came to wow! Everything is so pretty.The papers go so well and the way you popped them up!TOOOOOO CUTE Cabio.

Well thanks for joining us at MIC Bday Challenge and good luck hun,Ruby♥

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow Cabio that is awesome. What a beautiful project filled with so many beautiful details and your wonderful touches. Then again, I always was a fan of your work!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Speedy's Friends Challenge this week. I love coming to visit and see your work!

Mimi said...

OMGosh Cabio! This is incredible! Love the adorable mermaids and look at the hair! Gorgeous! Awesome explosion box!! Have a great week! ;)

Anonymous said...

That is just awesome!

Winnie and Patty said...

This is a gorgeous and very creative explosion box!!! Just wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

Neha Jain said...

My god..oh my goodness were the first words that comes out of my heart when i saw this....its awesome, fabulous, lovely.....

pls pls post a tutorial...
http://stepstowardscrafting.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning, Cabio! So much work and details!

Mascha Zimmerman said...

This is so pretty!!
Bye Mascha

Gail said...

cabio..this is stunning!!!!..what did you use on her tail??..what colors for the hair??..o my..would love to know..i have this image and my finished looks nothing like yours..tfs..loves ya

Bettina L. said...

Wow this was just stunning. Love the colours and that you made the sides look like waves. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss this week. Hope to see you again on saturday. Bettina

Linda Palmer said...

Wow! This is gorgeous. Love it all and think it is wonderful. Thanks for joining us this week at the Corrosive Challenge.

Janeen said...

WOW! that is a fabulous creation and colored in so perfectly. You have my curiosity up as I have never heard of an explosion box. Thanks for the pictures. Thanks for playing with the Friends of Speedy the Cat. Good Luck in the drawing this week.

Norma said...

Cabio, this is fabulous. I haven't made one of these yet--it's on my to-do list now. Gosh my list is getting too long..LOL. 2 gorgeous mermaids. Love how you coloured them, especially the hair. Beautiful job in putting this togethere.
Hugs,
Norma

Sharon Basel said...

Wow this is incredible how you created this explosion box. Amazing work! Thanks so much for playing in the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge. I hope you'll return to our challenges again soon.
Sharon, SCH-DT

Shazza said...

wow this is fabulous!!

Jani said...

Wow thats gorgeous!