Friday, August 7, 2009

Magnolia-Licious Highlites August DT Sketch, Roses on Paper Challenge #17

This early afternoon today, I was sitting on the floor watching TV with my daughter. After a while, I just felt like I should get something done, so I went downstairs to take some paper up to start cutting while watching the TV and I was still sitting on the floor. Then after a while, I wanted to put the card together, so I moved even more stuff up onto the floor. Although I still have a big mess to clean up, I was able to get my card finished. This is the card I finished for the Magnolia-licious Highlites August DT Challenge and I added tons of hearts to meet the requirement to enter the Roses on Paper challenge #17 as well.


The DT sketch for Magnolia-licious Highlites is following:


I turned the sketch a bit and because Diana offered another prize for the additional category of "thinking outside the box", I made the circle shape into a little window with curtains for Tilda.
Here is a closer view to show you I layered a little part of the little lamb that Tilda is holding for additional dimensions.


Closer view for Tilda's coloring

View for the insides

Here is the closer view for the insides


That's it for today and I hope you all have a great weekend~

22 comments:

Jacque said...

Cute cute, Cabio but you have done BUNCHES of work on this card...love the dimension and the little curtains..great job on the sketch...thanks for playing along with us on the August sketch...Hugs..Jacque

Nancy said...

Hi Cabio...your card is so very cute and clever. Love the curtains what a great idea. Tilda and her lamb are colored perfectly as well and I love all the lace that you used.
Hugs,
Nancy

Cami said...

Cabio, this card is so darn cute! Love your "window" and lace curtains. Tilda is so cute with her puppy and your coloring is just awesome! Great take on this sketch. Cami

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

How cute is that, Cabio!!! And to put a window with curtains in the circle was amazing! I would say that's thinking outside of the box!
Great job!
Huggies ~
Sharron

Suzan L said...

Hi Cabio, Love the window that you created. The valance and the curtains are so cute. I love how you colored Tilda, especially her hair. And the red ribbon with the scalloped edge is so sweet!! Hugs, Suzan

Unknown said...

Tilda's hair is beautiful! I have still yet to try the dimensional stuff you're so good at. Nice curtains.

Sylvie said...

This card is so cute! I lovze the curtains : it gives dimension to your card. Great!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cabio,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Juls said...

hoe gorgeous is this! Love the curtains!! hugs Juls

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Cabio, this is so sweet. How clever to make those little curtains, and the dimension with the lamb on her lap looks great. Love this card.

Michelle Alejandro said...

This is wonderful! Love those curtains, just so imaginative! TFS!

Hugs,
Michelle

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Fabulous card dear Cabio! Talking about thinking outside the normal. Love the image and it is so beautifully coloured.
I love what you have done in the inside very cute! Have a great weekend Love Claudia

Linda in the Darke said...

Love the card. I especially like the curtains. Nice touch!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh!!! This is sooo cute! I LOVE the curtains, how very creative of you! What an awesome idea. I must love your whole card! :) hugz, Mary

Rach said...

such a sweet card.
Thank you for entering my candy. good luck. hugs rachxx

Christina C. said...

Wow, very, very, cute card Cabio!!
Fabulous job on coloring Tilda. True labor of love! Hugs, Christina

Norma said...

Cabio, this is certainly thinking outside the box. Beautiful card. Love this adorable Tilda--one I do not have. Love the 3-D look with the cut-out lamb. Your colouring and your attention to details is always wonderful.

Hugs.
Norma

Lilian said...

Beautiful card and I love your coloring! Love the 3D effect too! Gorgeous details! I can't compliment this card enough. Really awesome work!

Carolyn said...

Wow, Cabio, such a darling card. I love how you added the little drapes.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Jodi said...

Wow! This is so cute!! I love that you added the curtains on your card too!
Very cool idea!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Suzanne J Dean said...

Fabulous Cabio!! I love the curtain treatment--so clever & cute! Tilda looks beautiful & thanks for joinin' in on the challenge w/ us!!

hugz,
Suzanne

charlene said...

Cabio I love your card ! the deminsion and the curtians are just awesome. Great job
Hugs