Monday, August 31, 2009

Friday Sketch #67, Just Magnolia Week #20, The Pink Elephant #30

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend. I do.

Oh, I am thrilled and honoured to find that I was one of five selected to receive a "Remarkables award" from the Midnight Madness Challenge #16. Wow, what a suprise to find this especially when I didn't expect I would win anything. I felt honorable of getting it. Thank you so much for the challenge and I enjoy playing it everytime.


I had a day off from work today, so how could I resist doing some cards?? Today, I made two cards. My first card was finished for 3 challenges and the second card (Please scroll down for that) I made for fun.

The three challenges are for:
Friday Sketcher #67 - I used it's sketch

Just Magnolia Weekly Challenge #20
- Ribbons & bows

The Pink Elephant Challenge #30
- 1 Ribbon, 2 Squares and something that sparkles

Friday Sketcher's sketch this week:


Here is my finished card:


Closer view on the image. Did you notice the bunny's cheek has a little spot? When I took my copic marker for a touch up on Tilda's shirt, it slipped off my hand and landed on my poor bunny's face :o( Yikes.....I tried to use the colorless copic to clean it a little and then touch up again with the "E21" and "R11" to cover the spot.


I bought some bulk buttons the other day and used them for this card.


Here is the bow top with a little button


closer view to show the dimension


view of the inside



Here is a post for my second card. I made it for fun.
I got this image from my friend who said she doesn't know what to do with it. I never tried to make any card with this kind of stamps before, so I thought maybe I would try to paint it with my Copic markers and see how it would turn out. After I painted this with my Copic markers, I felt this image was pretty impressive. Since this image is so pretty, I thought I would just do the rest of my background as plain as I could, so that the focus would be on the picture itself!


Closer view on this image.


I just tied a bow and added a "family" charm


View of the inside.

32 comments:

Shawn said...

Both cards are wonderful. You did the scene proud..it looks so inviting. Your colouring is superb! Love the colour combo of Tilda and her bunny, very sweet.
hugs,
Diana

Cyn said...

Beautiful cards. Love your coloring and I never noticed any spot on the bunny.

Cyn

Candy said...

Hi Cabio!!
Boy did I have to look hard and long to see the spot on the bunny's cheek. You didn't need to mention it at all - you did a great job to get rid of it! I love your card! You have done a ton of work on this one and it is beautiful! Nice to see the bunny Tilda used for another time than Easter.
Your scenic card is beautiful - lovingly done and I love the way you left the rest of the card plain to show off the scene so very well.
Hugs, Candy

Nancy said...

Congrats Cabio on your Midnight Madness award that is awesome and so are your cards! Love the Tilda card so very cute inside and out. Your outdoor scene is beautiful and you did a fabulous job coloring it! Your work is awesome Cabio!
Hugs,
Nancy

4furbabies said...

These are 2 great cards I have a bunch of the cottage picture stamps man what a chore they are to do
You did a great job- heck I didn't see nothing on that bunnies cheek.
LOL

Juls said...

both of these are gorgeous! Love the button detail on the first card!

Annie said...

Both cards are just wow - your colouring is just out of this world - fabulous.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Your Tilda card is adorable! I love all the button detail. It adds just the right touch. TFS!

Patricia Garcia said...

Wow waht an adorable Tilda hugging a bunny and the second card is stunning, great coloring!!

Hugs Patricia

Deanna said...

Really great card..I love the colors.:}

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow, Cabio! Both cards are fabulous! Tilda is so adorable hugging her bunny (I don't see a spot on it's cute little face!). Love the bright colors you used on that one. The scenic card is just gorgeous! Beautiful coloring! Awesome work! hugs!

Deeanna said...

Really great card..I love the colors.:}

Deeanna said...

Really great card..I love the colors.:}

charlene said...

Cabio I just love both of your cards the little Magnolia card is just adorable and the scene is just stunning....awesome job on the coloring of both.
Hugs

Angelwood said...

Cabio, I just love both your cards! Tilda with bunny is so adorable and you colored in the Thomas Kincaid image just beautifully! You are incredibly talented! Peace, Angela

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

great cards! I love the colors on the Tilda card and your coloring is excellent.

Anonymous said...

wonderful coloring on your Tilda bunny card! Beautiful scene on your 2nd card too!
Pam Going Postal

Design Team said...

These are both gorgeous cards Cabio! Your colouring is gorgeous and I love your decorated insides!! xx

Michelle said...

Both of these are amazing!! Love Tilda with her bunny (couldn't even tell you made an oopsie)....& that scene is just stunning!! I would be way to intimidated to even try to color that baby!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Both of your cards are totally awesome. Tilda with her bunny is precious and beautifully colored. The scene is gorgeous, and again, your coloring is wonderful. I love the buttons on your Tilda card. I LOVE buttons and yours are gorgeous...beautiful work, Cabio...as always...

Christina C. said...

Oh, Cabio, both of your cards are stunning. Love the Thomas Kinkade scene and Tilda w/bunny is adorable. Wonderful cards!!! Hugs, Christina

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Cabio,i love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Suzanne J Dean said...

Tilda is so cute--love the colors & papers you've used with her! Love that bunny! Second card is just beautiful Cabio-fabulously done!

hugz,
Suzanne

Jodi said...

Both of your cards are amazing!! I love your take on the sketch and the pretty coloring of your scenery card !!
Wow!!
Hugs
Jodi

Cami said...

Hi Cabio! I love both of your cards! I love how you colored Tilda with her bunny and all the buttons you used. Your coloring of the second card is just beautiful. Cami

Bee said...

Two lovely and such different cards. Great colours and embellishiments on the first and a beautifully coloured scene on the second - great to see lovely decorated insides too :)
Crafts By Bee
Bee Crafty Downloads

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Cabio, these are such fabulous cards, I love them both...but that Thomas Kincaid one is breathtakingly beautiful! Absolutely stunning job!
Hugs,
Charlotte

Bev said...

Wonderful cards, so much beautiful detail and a fabulous choice of papers. Thanks for joining us this week x

Jaspere said...

Your coloring is amazing.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Both cards are FANTASTIC. Your detailing is perfect!!!! (I didn't see anything on the bunny cheek!)

Carole said...

Two wonderful cards.
The FS card is so sweet...adorable Tilda and gorgeous button detail.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous cards!! Great job on both. Thanks for playing along with us at TPE!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/