Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Magnolia Edwin Waiting for Fish Happy Retirement Card

Good morning to you all.  Today is time for another challenge over at Magnolia-licious & Wee Stamps Challenge Blog.  This time the challenge is 'ALL ABOUT BOYS'.  Therefore, basically in order to join us for the challenge, you basically need to just create boy-theme project.  I don't do boy-theme card often, making a boy-theme card is NOT a piece of cake to me although I love coloring any Edwin stamps, lol
 
For my card today, I picked 'Edwin Waiting for Fish' for my image which I bought a while ago from Magnolia-licious and decided to do a retirement card.  Besides this Edwin stamp, I used the pattern paper from Magnolia Paper Pack.  I also picked some Memory Box dies.  There are Party Lanterns and the Oceana Border dies.  In addition, I used a Tim Holtz Weathered Clock Die and tucked a "at the beach" My Mind's Eye chipboard  from my stash box.  In my stash box, I also found a package of Fishing by 'A Touch of Jolee's' embellishemnt stickers to add on too.
 
Here is my finished card.  I added some dew drops on the lantern too.
 
I am also using this card for the following challenges:
Inspire Me Fridays 97 - Anything Goes
My Sheri Crafts Challenge 104 - Time to Go Fishin
Come and Get It Challenge - Playing in the water
Eclectic Ellapu - Masculine
The Ribbon Girl - Anything Goes & Magnolia
Make It Monday 129 - Anything Goes
 
Closer view of this image

Closer view to show you the die cut from Memory Box's Oceana Boarder Die
 
Side view of this card
 
Thank you for stopping by today and hope to see you again soon for another project :o)

34 comments:

brenda said...

A very pretty retirement card Cabio.

Thanks so much sharing with us at Pretty Little Ribbons Challenge.

B x

Suzan L said...

Hi Cabio, your card is so adorable!! I just love how you put together all the elements to create this retirement card!
Hugs,
Suzan

Marge said...

What a darling retirement card -- LOVE all your sweet little details and know your recipient will too. Thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts challenge!!!

Tricia G. said...

This card is adorable!!! Love it! Visiting from MIM!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cabio.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sandy Palmer said...

This truly is a fabulous card! It doesn't look like you struggle doing boy cards! I wish mine turned out as good! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

Carol said...

Fabulous card for a male. Thank you for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Cathy Lee said...

Awww, Edwin is cute as can be on this card, Cabio. Love your coloring and darling fishing scene with these sweet die cuts. Makes the perfect "boy" card.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Anonymous said...

Wonderful male card, love the ocean and the fish, just beautiful
Hugs Julie P

Candy said...

Your card is adorable Cabio!
Your colouring as always is perfect :o)
Love all the fishing related embellishments.
Looks like Edwin is having a very successful day fishing.
Big Hugs, Candy

Chana Malkah said...

Cute card! Excellent composition and construction. Using the clock was very creative! Thanks for sharing with us at Eclectic Ellapu!
Hugz,
Chana

Pat K said...

Adorable retirement card using Edwin. Love it. Caught you on MIM.
Pat K x

Anonymous said...

Love your card Cabio! Sweet little scene and beautiful coloring as always. Love the stickers you've added to this, beautiful details! hugs, Angela

Christina C. said...

Oh my goodness, girl, look at all those fabulous details....brilliant design work and a darling Edwin!
Perfect retirement card!

Unknown said...

Love all the elements!! Great card! : )

Rene said...

Fantastic card! I love love LOVE this Edwin!
Rene :D

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Love the fish in the bucket. So cute, Great card
hugs, Doreen

RenateKreativ said...

Great card, love all your details.
Hugs Renate

Norma said...

This is terrific, Cabio. Love the scene--it's just perfect for a retirement card. Your colouring is always fab. Those really cute stickers add that extra touch.
Hugs,
Norma

EnblogSail said...

Really unique design!
Caryl

Kelly said...

A very Cheery retirement card, I love your creativity and the theme is perfect!
Hugs Kelly

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Cabio, your card is sooo cute! brings a smile on my face. I love this cute Edwin! such a pretty use for the tim holtz clock die cut, and love the drew drops on the lanters. Very cute! Hugs.

Chris said...

Where do I begin with this treasure of a card? I love the fish in the water! Fantastic! I love the colors! I love little Edwin! I love every single element you've included! This is a wonderful, delightful card!

XO,
Chris

Sandy said...

Wow, a fabulous creation. love all the different embellies and the wonderfully coloured Edwin too!!! Thanks for linking up with Make It Monday this week.
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Hugs,
Sandy

Patricia said...

Very sweet. Who doesn't love a day at the beach? With a cute little fella like Edwin, might not get too much fishing done! Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this week.

Ribbon Girl said...

Your retirement card is really lovely – thank you so much for joining in with the February Ribbon Girl Magnolia Only Challenge, Mary x

Chris said...

Adorable card.

* Shell B.* said...

Super adorable card Cabio, great design & embellishments!

Great take on my theme for the Challenge!

Thanks for joining the fun this week at Come And Get It....good luck!

¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..•´Shell in Alaska♥

NPurdum56 said...

Oh Cabio, what an adorable card! :) Nancee

Raquel said...

This is such a cute cute card. Love ALL the embellishments. Wonderful job

Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

Karen said...

Great card! I love how you incorporated all the elements in your design.

Karen

Unknown said...

Wow what an adorable edwin who looks a little bored!!!!!! LOL!!!
Love this card and the gorgeous deatils!!!!!! way to go!!!!!

Eulanda said...

WOW you are so patient cutting Edwin out like that!! I just love this card. Those fish are perfect! LOL! Hugs!

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Cabio, oh my!! this is just too cute for words!! I love that sweet Edwin and all your fabulous little details, the waves, fish, bucket etc. Amazing work.
Hugs
Suzi x