Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tilda Celebrates Summer Love Wishes Easel Card

Hello everyone. I've been busy for the last two evenings because I really wanted to make an easel card to join the TOMIC Challenge # 5 this week. I am not very good at doing vintage cards, but for some reason, I wanted to challenge myself to do one. After pacing around my craftroom for awhile, I was able to dig out some of the vintage-looking DP for my card. There were quite a few images I bought from the 2011 Sweet Rainbow Collection at Magnolia-licious, but I still have a few that I didn't get a chance to use yet. Tilda Celebrates Summer is one of them. I am also using this easel card for some other challenges, you can scroll down to the bottom of this post for the challenges information.

Here is my finished card. Because I wanted to use a vintage theme, besides using the distressed DP, I also brush a few light strokes of gold distressing crackle paint on the DP. I also punched out some flourish/swirly shapes with plain white cardstock and put the crackle paints on them to use as embellishments.


Closer view of the card front.


Closer view of the inside card


Closer view of this Tilda image. I added some FlowerSoft on the wreath she holds and also added a heart for her to hold too.


Closer view to show you that I put a Magnolia sentiment ("Loving Wishes") under the scallop shape. I peeled open the middle of the scallop shape to let the sentiment show from underneath. The bottom picture is a closer view to show you I did a little bow and a flower to put on top.



Here are some closer views to show you the distressing crackle paint effect on the DP and punched shapes. You can click on each of these pictures to enlarge its size.

Side view of this card


I am also using this card for the following challenges:
Just Magnolia and hAnglar & sTanglar Week 113 - Anything Goes with optional shabby chic
Totally Tilda Challenge #26 - Distressing
Magnolia Stamp Lover Challenge - Summer Flowers
CYDA Challenge #23 - Vintage
MMM Challenge #5 - Vintage
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #118 - Seeing Double (butterflies, sentiments, heart pins)
Simon says Stamp and show - Flourish
All That Scrap Challenge - Anything Goes
Simply Magnolia - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes

Thank you so much for stopping by and hope you like this card. Hope to see you again soon :o)

46 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Thank you for taking part in this week's Make My Monday - your card is lovely - Jacqueline xx.

Suzi Mac said...

Wow! Cabio, this is utterly gorgeous. I love all the fabulous details, papers, colouring,sentiments. I could go on forever on how beautiful this is. A STUNNING creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Mascha Zimmerman said...

It turned out so great!! Lovely card!!Bye Mascha

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful Cabio! love your attention to detail
hugs Julie P

EnblogSail said...

Very elaborate card! Full of details. Great card
Hugs, Caryl

Louise said...

Gorgeous card with so many beautiful elements, love the Vintage feel
Louise

Karen said...

Wow! THis is gorgeous! : )

chrissy o said...

this card is just beautiful
chrissy xx

Barb Hardeman said...

It's like a fairytale card Cabio. I love all the details you've added, the lace with the ribbon woven through and the way you did your sentiment is gorgeous. So many design elements combined make this card very vintage! Super job...hugs...Barb

Jodie from Oz said...

Cabio, OMG this is amazing, I love the rich colours. Your take on vintage is gorgeous, so many beautiful details, I love the pearls, lace, flowers and the flower soft adds a wonderful dimension to the wreath and the heart with the pop of colour is perfect. Thanks for joining us at TOMIC this week. hugs Jodie from Oz xx

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card.

Sarah said...

Wow, wow, wow Cabio, this is such a stunning card. Beautiful detail and colours. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our Vintage challenge, good luck xxx

Lynne said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous!! you should do vintage more often lol - absolutely fabulous :)
Thanks for sharing it with us at Totally Tilda :)
Hugs
Lynne xx

Lori said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the beautiful elements and layers! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Chris said...

WOWEE Cabio, I'm just picking myself up off the floor here, your card is so beautiful! I love your colouring and every single gorgeous detail, amazing work sweetie. So glad you entered your card into TOMIC this week. Hugs, Chris x

Cami said...

WOW Cabio, this card is STUNNING! I love how you gave it a vintage look. The color scheme and all the mediums you used to color came out beautiful! Hugs, Cami

Candy said...

Cabio!
Your card is completely AMAZING!!
Love all the different elements you have used.
A great vintage card :o)
Hugs, Candy

Christina C. said...

Wow, Cabio, this is breathtaking....a truly amazing creation!!!!! Love all the special details that make this such an extraordinary card!

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Wow, what a beautiful creation Cabio! Wonderful colours and details!
Hugs Jacqueline

angelwhispers said...

WOW WOW WOW What a magical creation and boy so much detail it is just so beautiful and just loving the colours. Chanelle xxx

Camilla said...

OMG Cabio! Your card is AMAZING!! Love it, all the details and your colouring, just fantastic!
Thank you for joining TOMIC this week for the easel card challenge.
Hugs, Camilla

Unknown said...

This is stunning!!!! x Absolutely love it x Leigh x

Cazro said...

Thanks for joining us at Make my Monday with your pretty card. Caz

Only By His Grace said...

Oh wow! Wonderful, gorgeous, super cute. Your coloring is awesome Cabio. I love how you colored Tilda's hair. It is perfect. Lovely use of the flower soft. Lovely butterflies. Lovely everything.
Fantastic job.
Hugs Maz

anaRy said...

Hello!
As always a superb work!
Huggies
anaRy

Eve said...

Cabio, Beautiful work as always! :-) Luv those BLACK butterflies on this card. Luv flower soft, and luv the sentiment FONT! Very Pretty! :-)

Elise said...

Oh my gosh! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love love love your colouring and your intricate details are amazing! That butterfly is BEAUTIFUL and I love how you put the sentiment inside the circle with the pearls all around it! Wow!!!!

Hugs,
Elise

Chris said...

Wow, this is beautiful!

Alice said...

wow! you always awe me with the amazing details, Cabio! what a gorgeous card!

Sharon said...

So MANY beautiful details here Cabio. WOW! I can't stop admiring this card of yours. Just LOVE what you've done to show the sentiment... what a super idea. Totally gorgeous! Thanks so much for your visits, I so enjoy them. hugs Sharon x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome sweetie. There is so much hard work and detail gone into this card. Thank you for sharing it with us at CYDA this week.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Hanna said...

Cabio...! WOW! I'm so glad I've found your blog, you're such an inspiration! I've spent like hours here, and I just can't get enough of your beautiful creations! Love, love, love the mermaid explosion box, absolutely AMAZING!
This card is very special, I ADORE IT. The colours, the details, omg, it must have taken ages to make! I could look at i forever.
The flower soft you've added on her wreath is very pretty, and I love how you've put a little heart in her hand, you know what, I could go on forever! But to spare you some time, I LOVE IT!

hugs,
Hanna
ps. thanks for your sweet comment at my blog! :)

Peggie said...

Great card. Love the flower soft and the way you rolled back the paper around the words.

Angie said...

Simply an amazing fantasy card thanks for sharing it with us at papertake weekly
Angie x

cathylynn said...

OH My Goodness this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! Your details are amazing and so much to admire. The colors are wonderful too! A true work of art here!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Karen said...

Your cards are always so beautiful, I always look forward to see what you will do next thank you for sharing

Susie Sugar said...

I never knew yellow could look so great , fab card
Thanks for joining us girls for the "Totally Tilda Distressing challenge"
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Amy said...

Beautiful easel card! Thanks for joining the ATS challenge this week!

Monique said...

Wow Cabio ! That's an amazing card !! I love all the details and that butterfly is sooooo cute :)).

Hugs Monique

LINDA W. said...

Gorgeous card great coloring and embellies.
hugs Linda

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Cabio were do I start for it is all totally amazing and beautiful. I am sitting here total awe..it all rocks! Hugz, Colleen

Chris said...

Wow - for someone who feels that doing vintage is a bit of a challenge, you surely knocked this one out of the ball park! It is stunning! Everything about it is perfection! I wish I had just 1% of your gift. You are amazing!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Judy K. said...

WOW Cabio, this is one of the prettiest cards I have ever seen! Absolutly BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Judy K.

Cordine said...

It's stunning!
Hugs
Cordine

Fliss said...

Very pretty card.
Thanks for joining in my Make My Monday Vintage Colour Theme challenge and good luck.
Fliss x

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow gorgeous card, with so much lovely detail, thanks so much for joining us at Totally Tilda, hugs Liz xx