Monday, July 25, 2011

Edwin with Binoculars Magnolia-licious Inspiration Challenge DT Card

Good morning and today it's time for the Magnolia-licious Inspiration Challenge hosts by our sweet Designer Teammate LINDA. This time Linda picked the following picture to challenge you creating a project.



I created a square white card with a red border. I saw the navy on the cake top of this pictures and remember I bought Edwin with Binoculars of the 2010 Bon Voyage Collection from Magnolia-licious. This image is so cute and I really wanted to use Edwin for a card since I haven't use him for a while. The sentiment "Thank You" is from the 2011 Sweet Rainbow Collection. Because the sentiment is to do with rainbow, I hand drawn some rainbow coloring on it. I found some cloud brads that I put away and finally got a chance to use them.

Don't forget, by joining this challenge, one lucky winner will be randomly pick to win a $25.00 Magnolia-licious gift certificate. Hope to see your creation at the Challenge blog.



I am also using this card for the following challenges:
Totally Papercrafts Challenge - One for the boys
The Crafty Pad Challenge 131 - Embossing Heat & Dry
Craft Ann's Challenge 45 - Dry embossing/Debossing (or both)
Totally Gorjuss Challenge 90 - Punch or Die
The Poodles Parlour Challenge - White, Red & Blue

Herer is a closer view of Edwin


And a closer view of the sentiment


Side view of this card

View of the inside. I added some Jolee's embellishments and some cloud cuts to match the navy theme.


Flat view to show you the dimension of this card front


Thank you for stopping by and hope to see you joining us at our challenge :o)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Cabio! Thanks for sharing
Hugs Julie P

Rene said...

So cute! Love the little cloud sentiment! Just adorable!
Rene :D

aqualeiga said...

Gorgeous! Love the embossed background and the colours are perfect! hanks for joining THE CRAFTY PAD embossing challenge.

Hugs, Ali x

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love your sentiment. TFS.

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Cabio, I'm back to leave the comment you so deserve. Your card is adorable, I love the design and that sweet Edwin.
Hugs
Suzi x

Chris said...

Oh Cabio, I love this! I love the subtle stars in the background. That was a great folder choice. The border looks fantastic. Edwin - our little Edwin looks like a little doll. Wonderfully done - as always!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Barb Hardeman said...

What a super great card Cabio. I love the way you've used the two embossing folders so effectively. Your red border is is stunning against all the white and of course Edwin has never looked more handsome.
Hugs,
Barb

Candy said...

Hi Cabio,
Such a great card :o)
Oh...Edwin is so handsome.
Love your use of embossing folders, stars, clouds, and
charms.
Hugs, Candy

Pat said...

Cabio!!! This is such a fun, fun card!! I love your designwork...the embossing is perfect!! And I love the bakers twine and other embellies!! Just perfect!! Gorgeous coloring - as always!! Hugs. Pat

Elle said...

Perfect card for the challenges! I love the embossing folder that you used for the background and Edwin is just too cute!

Kathy Gerace said...

Great card! Love the cloud brads and sentiment. The colors are so perfect to match the colors in the picture. You did a fabulous job!
Huggeroonies,
Kathy

Christina C. said...

What a fabulous card, Cabio....inside and out! Gorgeous coloring and design!!!!

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Awwe! This is too sweet and it really is fabulous! Thank you for sharing and playing with us at The Crafty Pad!

Norma said...

Cabio, You always do such a beautiful job on you cards, outside and inside. Such a good looking sailor!!! Love the clouds to match your sentiment.
hugs,
Norma