Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Graduation Tilda Card

Good evening and thank you for stopping by. As I mentioned earlier that I was going to make my niece's graduation card. After hours and hours of struggling with ideas and sewing (my sewing machine hates me tonight), I finally came up with something. Phew.....!

For some reasons, my sewing maching didn't work very well, I guess it decided to take a long rest soon. Oh well, I have a little "Barbie" sewing machine for back up if my real sewing machine didn't work. To make a long story short, I finished it.


Beside the Tilda with slate stamp, I've also used two packages of Jolee's embellishment. One was the Diploma itself (you can see it inside the card) and the other graduation package comes with hat, diplomas, gown, etc .

The original Tilda stamp was holding a textbook, but I've cut her hand along the line and tucked the diploma to cover the textbook just to fit this graduation theme better. In addition, I put the hat on her although it's a little bigger, but I've tried to custom make her one which turned out not as good, so to make things easier, I just use the premade one from Jolee's.



I've also used the labe slider alphas from Spare Parts to make the word "Congrat" on the card front. These alphas are movable within the ribbon.


Because this card is going to sign by my whole family, I need extra space for us to sign, so I've included a large foldable blank piece for signature.

Since I completed this card, I think I can have a better sleep tonight. I will be working on my nephew's birthday card tomorrow. Another day, another challenge!

Good Night and thank you again for dropping by.

Cardstock: Stampin Up
Pattern Paper: Making Memories
Accessories: ribbon, Spare Part slider alphas, Jolee's embellishment
Additional Tools: Cuttlebug embossing folder, SU border punch and my soon retired sewing machine.

13 comments:

Jacque said...

VERY cute Cabio...and bunches of work!!! I know your niece will LOVE it...great job...Hugs..Jacque

Nancy said...

Love your card Cabio! Tilda looks so cute in her graduation outfit. Good job love everything about your card.
Nancy

Cami said...

I just LOVE your Tilda graduation card, Cabio! How clever to use all these Jolee's elements and it's structured so perfectly. Your niece will treasure this card. Your Tilda is one cute graduate! Hugs, Cami

Suzanne J Dean said...

So cute & clever Cabio!! Love Tilda in her grad cap! The inside is fab too--love the idea of the folded card inside!

hugz,
Suzanne

Kerry D-C said...

What a great card!!! Tilda looks so cute for her graduation!

stampingtink said...

She's just adorable! Love how you used the diploma and hat and those letters are great! Love how you folded the paper on the inside! What a great idea. I never would have thought of that!

Laurel said...

Cabio

What a fabulous card! Your niece will absolutely love this card - I know that I do! Everything about your card is just darling - you have made Tilda a perfect little graduate! Hugs

Sharon Caudle said...

Very creative of you to apply a graduation cap to this Tilda, Cabio! She turned out awesome! You put a lot of love and work into this card, and it shows! Your niece will treasure it forever! Love the inside too!
hugs!
Sharon

Barb Hardeman said...

Super card Cabio. OMG! You did so much work on this one and very clever touches too! Sweet, sweet card...

Suzan L said...

Hi Cabio, Your graduation card is soooo cute. I love how you put the decorative edge around the oval. Your niece is going to love your card!! Hugs, Suzan

Christine said...

Oh, she is so sweet. I love her hat!!! Very cute card!!!
xoxo, Christine

Alex said...

Love the card, so cute with all the details of the embossing folder, gratuation embellishments and the Tilda stamp. Great job!

Thanks for sharing.

Alex from England x

Anonymous said...

How creative are you my friend...i love the way you do the inside of the card as well..so adorable

cherthosestamps