Saturday, September 22, 2012

FIrst Hello Kitty Birthday Card

Happy Saturday everyone.  Today I am sharing with you a birthday card that I made for a friend of mine who loves Hello Kitty a lot.  Although I too LOVE Hello Kitty, but this is actually my first time making a Hello Kitty card too. I made the card, but yet get a chance to bring it to my friend since she lives out of town.  However this card will be hand delivered to her when I see her early next month.  I bought a Sizzix Hello Kitty Die for a long time and yet had a chance to use it and and it was a perfect timing to use it for this birthday card.  In fact, I had quite a good time paper piecing the Hello Kitty head.
Here is my finished birthday card
 
I am also using this card for the following challenges:
Fun with Shapes and More Challenge #117 - Something with an animal
Heck of a Challenge #1 - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Challenge #8 - Anything Goes
 
Closer view showing you the Hello Kitty Sizzix die
 
 The only stamp I used for this card is the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment
  
 Added a butterfly using the Jolee's butterfly punch and added some gem stones on top
 
I added some Stickle to make the flowers look sparkly 

Side view of this card

View of the inside
 
I hope you all are enjoying the weekend and have fun the for the coming week.  See you soon :o)
 
 

10 comments:

Jovan said...

Beautiful card...thanks for joining Brown Sugar challenge!

Jenée said...

Cabio, this is a delightful card, and all of the elements are lovely! Thank you for entering it in this week's challenge at Card Crafter's Circle.

Scrappin Sista said...

I love Hello kitty, this card is super cute! Thank you for playing along with Brown Sugar in the "Anything Goes Challenge" Hope you decide to join us again!
Good Luck,
Alice B.
Brown Suagr DT

Suzan L said...

Hi Cabio, your friend is going to love this adorable Hello Kitty Card!! It is so cute inside and out! You have paper pieced Hello Kitty wonderfully and I love how you framed her with all the beautiful embellishments! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Big Hugs,
Suzan

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cabio.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kelly said...

I love it Cabio, great card! I am not a fan of Hello Kitty but this card is cute and very well done. I love how you designed it and the girly swirls of pearls and ribbon, and that layered butterfly is so pretty. You made Hello Kitty look gorgeous and your friend is going to love it.

Madge H. said...

Super cute card Cabio. Love the details you've added, and those roses are stunning.
BTW, thank you for your comment for my friend Barb on my blog. She was so surprised and very pleased.
~ rubber hugz ~

DesignerDiva said...

a gorgeous little card its so cute!
thanks for joining us at Heck of a Challenge for our very first challenge I hope you will join us again soon and good luck
Hugs Laurie xx

Nancie Quah said...

So lovely. It's time to dig out my dies and do something with it.
Hugs
Nancie

Waseem said...

super cute card..it's time to do something with Gift Card envelopes.