Saturday, March 17, 2012

Magnolia Ducky Duck and Sally the Monkey Cards

Happy weekend everyone. Well, it's not so happy for me, because my husband and I attended our friend's funeral yesterday. We haven't attended one since my dad's funeral back in December. Since yesterday is past, I think we should all wipe our tears and start fresh again. Let's not talk about sadness, but look forward for the bright days. Today I have a couple cards to share with you. Sometimes I wish I have an extra pair of hands with all my new stamps, lol. There are more projects coming up soon with the new collections. Now, I am posting the two cards using a couple animal stamps from the new Princes and Princesses Collections that you can purchase from Magnolia-licious. Since we are going to start fresh, I used some bright colors on them.

Here are the finished cards using the Ducky Duck and Sally The Monkey stamps.


The first card is a friendship card using the Ducky Duck image. Because this is such a large stamp, so I wanted to make this little cutie as the focus on this card. As you notice I didn't put a lot of details on the card. He is colored with Copic Markers.


Closer view on this colored image.


Side view of this card


Flat view to show you the dimension of this card


Here is my second card. If you look closer, I added a sheet of vellum on the DP. Because this image is holder a blank piece of paper, I just wanted to use this Magnolia Sentiment on this card to match the blank piece of paper Sally is holding.


Closer view of this cute Sally the Monkey image. I added Stickls on the branch and Sally's crown.


Closer view to show you this sentiment. I stamped the sentiment on the vellum, then adhered the vellum on the DP.


Side view of this card


Flat view to show the dimension of this card


Thank you so much for stopping by today. Please come back again for another project sharing. It will be the Magnolia-licious Blog Hop on Monday March 19th. See you soon :o)

22 comments:

Cami said...

OMGosh Cabio, these two cards are screamin' cute! This Ducky Duck is just so cute and I love the layout you used to focus on him! Sally The Monkey is hilariously cute with her binkie, and that cute monkey die-cut border on the bottom. Two fun and cheerful cards!

Hugs,
Cami

Eve said...

wow that ducky card is sooo sweet! Luvly cooring and background in the circle die cut is very nice! Monkey is so cute too. Luv that border of monkeys and dp for the background! Vellum is a nice touch! :-)

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Cabio, the duke is so cute. lovely works. Many hugs from me. Have I nice weekend

Sylvia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sylvia said...

Stunning cards Cabio. Beautiful designs and i love the sentiment. Also your coloring and colorchoice of the papers are beautiful as always.
xxxSylvia

cathylynn said...

Cabio both of your cards are fantastic! Fabulous coloring. You did an imazing job! Love them both!
Hugs,Cathy-Lynn

Karen said...

These are soooo adorable!!! I love, love your coloring!

Unknown said...

Oh wow both of these cards are so so adorable!!!!!Amazing work again cabio!!!!! way to go!!!!

Rene said...

Oh Cabio I'm so sorry to hear about your loss...but your cards are bright and beautiful and perfect for a new beginning. Just a touch of whimsy...just delightful!
Rene ;D

Danielle Champagne said...

Cabio, like Rene said I am sorry to read about your loss, but and what else than crafting in happy color to take a good breath of happiness. and this little duckie is perfect! he is sooo sweet! love those bright and sunny, and warm colors. Wonderful card. Hugs.

Cordine said...

They are both beautiful!
Hugs
Cordine

Views From My Scraproom... said...

Cabio, I'm sorry for your loss. Both your cards are very pretty!
Hugs,
Carolyn

Shelley said...

I totally agree! I too was at a friends funeral yesterday. But just knuckled down on created today, llike you. These cards are beautiful, your colouring is awsome. Thanks for the inspiration. hugs Shelley

Barb Hardeman said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend Cabio! You attitude is wonderful - about putting a smile on your face and moving on! That certainly doesn't stop the grieving, but it helps to push through it! Otherwise, your cards are both fabulous! That little duck is so beautifully colored and the orange ribbon really fits the bill (no pun intended!) Love the bright sunshiny colors you've used on both. Just fabulous design work...hugs...Barb <><

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Prayerful thoughts come your way at the lose of your friend. Your cards are bright and fun. They are so cute. You do wonderful cards.
Blessings Doreen

Anonymous said...

Your cards are just wonderful Cabio, I love the pretty details and gorgeous colouring, just beautiful
Hugs Julie P

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend Cabio. I know it's part of life, but still so hard to experience. Big hugs my friend.

On the bright side, you have created such gorgeous cards. As always, I love your beautiful coloring and lovely design. Love how you've added that vellum to you monkey card with your sentiment. Wonderful idea and amazing creations! hugs, Angela

Kelly said...

These two are so darn cute, I love how you used them. I enjoy the bright cheery colors as the bring out your beautiful coloring. I love the sentiment on the monkey too. Very cute.

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!! you have made these two sweet images so adorable. I'm not usually a big fan of animal stamps but boy have you given me food for thought on them. Beautiful creations Cabio.
Hugs
Suzi x

Karen said...

Cabio, your cards are awesome! So fun & adorable. Great coloring and your designs are fabulous. They made me smile this morning....

Karen

Elle said...

OMG each one is cuter than the last! I lOVEl them!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Both cards are just so adorable! Thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration! Hugs! Leah Ann